Motorized Dynamometer Instrument Model 1038
The Vibrac® Model 1038 Readout and Control Instrument in combination with a Model 6610 Series Test Head enables the user to measure torque, speed and position of a rotary device.
Motors, actuators, pumps, switches, seals and brakes are just a few of the devices that can be tested.
- This instrument contains a 4-1/2 digit readout for torque and a 5 digit readout for speed and and angle. Large (0.5 inch) characters provide for easy viewing.
- A linear amp, and ramp rate adjust, enables the instrument to control the load brake and drive during a test cycle. The ramp is activated by the push of a button at which time the load will be increased from a minimum to a full load. By controlling the rate at which the load is applied, inertia induced errors can be minimized.
- A peak detection circuit is provided for capturing peak torques.
- The front panel selector switch ranges the instrument for use with the selected Vibrac Dynamometer.
- One front panel control knob enables the user to zero the transducer. This process automatically establishes the span or calibration of the transducer to the instrument.
- A 0 to 10 volt analog output proportional to the torque and speed is supplied on the rear panel for use with the auxiliary equipment including PC software applications, oscilloscopes an XY plotters.
- A remote option package is available to facilitate external computer control of the instrument (consult factory for additional information).
Front Panel Description
TORQUE READOUT - The 4-1/2 digit readout is scaled to read torque in direct engineering units or in percent full scale.
PEAK - The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, will display peak torque and speed from the internal peak detecting circuits.
RESET - The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, will reset the peak holding circuits.
HOLD - The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, will hold or latch the displays.
SPEED READOUT - The 5 digit readout is scaled to read speed in RPM.
POWER - System power switch.
STALL - The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, will apply full load to the device under test.
RAMP RATE - For setting the rate at which the load will be applied.
OFF - The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, removes power from the load device on the test head.
ADJUST - The ten turn potentiometer is for manually adjusting the load to the device under test.
TORQUE - The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, selects the manual torque load control and engages the torque set potentiometer.
ZERO ADJUST - For setting the proper zeroing voltage for the transducer that is connected to the instrument.
TRANSDUCER SELECTOR - The thumb wheel switch is for selecting the proper ranging and the desired display units for the transducer that is connected to the instrument.
INPUT POWER: 115 v AC 60 Hz (optionally available 220 v AC 50 Hz)
DIMENSIONS: Height 9 in (23 cm) x Width 20.5 in (52 cm) x Depth 19 in (48 cm)
WEIGHT: Approximately 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
Drawings are for illustrative purposes only.
Contact Vibrac Europe for current specifications.