Digital Dynamometer Control Instrument Model 1054
- The Model 1054 Dynamometer Control Instrument is designed for use with any Vibrac Dynamometer with digital speed option.
- This instrument contains a 4½ digit readout for torque and a 5 digit readout for speed. Large (0.5 inch) characters provide for easy viewing.
- A linear ramp, and ramp rate adjust, enables the instrument to control the load brake during a test cycle. The ramp is activated by the push of a button at which time the load will be increased from a minimum to a full load. By controlling the rate at which the load is applied, inertia induced errors can be minimized.
- A peak detection circuit is provided for capturing peak torques.
- The front panel selector switch ranges the instrument for use with the selected Vibrac Dynamometer.
- One front panel control knob enables the user to zero the transducer. This process automatically establishes the span or calibration of the transducer to the instrument.
- A 0 to 10 volt analog output proportional to the torque and speed is supplied on the rear panel for use with the auxiliary equipment including PC software applications, oscilloscopes and XY plotters.
- A remote option package is available to facilitate external computer control of the instrument (consult factory for additional information).
Front Panel Description
- TORQUE READOUT – The 4½ digit readout is scaled to read torque in direct engineering units or in percent full scale.
- PEAK – The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, will display peak torque and speed from the internal peak detecting circuits.
- RESET – The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, will reset the peak holding circuits.
- HOLD – The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, will hold or latch the displays
- SPEED READOUT – The 5 digit readout is scaled to read speed in RPM.
- POWER – System power switch.
- STALL – The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, will apply full load to the device under test.
- RAMP RATE – For setting the rate at which the load will be applied.
- OFF – The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, removes power from the load device on the test head.
- ADJUST – The ten turn potentiometer is for manually adjusting the load to the device under test.
- TORQUE – The lighted push-button switch, when engaged, selects the manual torque load control and engages the torque set potentiometer
- ZERO ADJUST – For setting the proper zeroing voltage for the transducer that is connected to the instrument.
- TRANSDUCER SELECTOR – The thumb wheel switch is for selecting the proper ranging and the desired display units for the transducer that is connected to the instrument.
- INPUT POWER – 115 v AC 60 Hz (optionally available 220 v AC 50 Hz)
- DIMENSIONS – Height 9 in (23 cm) x Width 20.5 in (52 cm) x Depth 19 in (48 cm)
- WEIGHT – Approximately 30 lbs (13.6 kg)